Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Bit of Baking

I ended up having the Greek yogurt with honey and pecans, and a couple of toasted wheat rolls with Garlic and Herbs Laughing Cow, a few slices of Colby Jack, and a few slices of Genoa Salami, for an almost European breakfast (I had a very similar combination for breakfast when I was in Vienna.)
A little after breakfast, I headed over to my parent's house for their 4th of July cookout. The menu consisted of Beef Brisket and Boston Butt cooked slowly in dad's oil-less turkey fryer, with baked beans, fruit salad, french bread, ice cold watermelon and cantaloupe, with a tasty desert of a parfait made with berries, angel food cake, and vanilla yogurt. Needless to say, they sent me home with lots of leftovers!
Monday was a relaxed day. I stayed home, and made a leisurely breakfast of fresh baked scones. I had breakfast late, so I had dinner a little early, and made a recipe from the Epicurious iPhone app for a savory Parmesan french toast topped with mixed baby greens and poached eggs. It would have been better with fresh Parmesan, but I wanted to use things I had on hand, and it was quite yummy with the dried grated cheese.
Today I brought some leftover ratatouille for lunch, and had a few leftover scones for breakfast.
I will post pictures of everything, with recipes, later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment